How to Revise
We all study, learn and think differently. Some students may appear not to revise and will often brag about it. When the exam results come out these students have excellent results?
Now the reason they got excellent results is they did revise and they were telling you porkies when they bragged about not revising. So take no notice you make sure you revise.
If you need any convincing about revision and studying then watch this interview with Richard Feynman (a famous scientist).
For what it is worth, here are my tips on how to revise:
- Break your study into one hour revision slots.
- Take a 10 minute break between revision slots (no longer or you may find it difficult to return to study).
- Revise a topic until you understand it.
- Once you understand the topic that is not enough you must return to the topic numerous times.
- Drink plenty of water while you are studying.
- Always answer any exercises that appear in your notes.
- Attempt all questions that appear in previous examination papers.
- When you get bored with a topic - tough revise it again.
- Finally remember there are no short cuts - revision requires dedication, concentration and effort.